- Let the holiday spirit grow! Norfolk Island Pines feature feathery, pine needle-like leaves that work to purify the air all year long
- Light: Grow Norfolk Island Pine in medium or bright light. It excels in bright spots. If your Norfolk Island Pine doesn't get enough light, the leaves will grow longer (stretching toward light); bright light results in shorter leaves.
- Water: Norfolk Island Pine likes regular watering. It hates overly moist or soggy soil. In fact, most times when a Norfolk Island Pine dies, it is due to overwatering. The frequency of watering will depend on your Norfolk Island Pine’s pot size, how much light it gets, and the indoor temperature of your home. Never allow the plant’s base to sit in moist or soggy soil.
- Feeding: Fertilize Norfolk Island Pine a few times a year, in spring and summer, to keep it healthy. Use a general-purpose fertilizer labeled for houseplant use. Follow the directions on the fertilizer packaging. Don’t over feed the Norfolk Island Pine.
- Pruning/Shaping: Norfolk Island Pine typically doesn't require pruning or shaping to keep its good looks. Remove yellow or faded leaves by clipping them off at the base of the stem.
- Repotting: : Repot your Norfolk Island Pine when it becomes root bound. (A houseplant is root bound when roots appear in the soil or begin to escape through drain holes in the pot bottom.) A well-draining potting soil mixture for is recommended when repotting. Never repot houseplants using soil from your yard.
- Outdoor Options: Norfolk Island Pine can be grown outdoors as a landscape plant. It's a perennial landscape planting outdoors in Zone 9-11.
A seasonal centerpiece that's ideal for smaller spaces, The Norfolk Island Pine tree (Araucaria heterophylla) is great for decorating as a Christmas tree. Place the Norfolk Island Pine in a bright spot, but nor directly in sunlight. Water when the top inch of the soil is dry (about once a week) and be sure all excess water drains away. Norfolk Island Pine can also be used on a porch or patio during the summer months.
A GREAT PLANT FOR HOMES AND OFFICES! Norfolk Island Pine is an ideal houseplant for any home, apartment, or office. It sculptural shape makes it look like a piece of living art. Norfolk Island Pine is so attractive, it makes a great gift. This is the ideal houseplant for living rooms, hallways, dens, patios, and bedrooms.
NORFOLK ISLAND ADDS TROPICAL VIBES TO INDOOR DECOR: Costa Farms Norfolk Island Pine houseplant is shipped in a grower pot and is dropped directly into a decorative pot.
HOUSE PLANTS REMOVE TOXINS FROM THE INDOOR AIR: NASA’s Clean Air Study concluded that houseplants promote better air quality in your home. The study by NASA found that houseplants actively remove chemical pollutants from the air. All plants help purify the air by removing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen. Here’s a tip: NASA researchers recommend at least one houseplant for every 100 square feet to improve the air quality in your home.
CARE FOR YOUR NORFOLK ISLAND PINE IS EASY:
NORFOLK ISLAND PINE SAFETY: Costa Farms Norfolk Island Pine is not intended for human or animal consumption. All parts of this plant are poisonous so keep it out of reach from children and pets.
ABOUT THE GROWER: We are a third-generation family-run business stretching from South Florida to North Carolina. We have 5,500 hard working employees that farm and cultivate a variety of beautiful plants that you can bring home today./P>
- These easy-to-grow house plants come with ornaments on its feathery, needled branches and a topper to start your holiday decorating
- Height at shipping is approximately 18 to 22 inches tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant
- Norfolk Island Pine grow best near a sunny window, not in direct sunlight and thrive with a weekly watering
- This festive display is perfect for table centerpieces, windowsills, and other small spaces
- Each plant ships in a festive, 6-inch diameter holiday wrap with ornaments and a topper. To avoid water spillage, this wrap does not have holes